- This event has passed.
Conference: Articulating Science, Technology and Law: Regarding, Reflecting and Remaking Society
April 9, 2015 - April 10, 2015
Final international conference organized by AHRC Science in Culture Theme ‘Technoscience, Law and Society: Interrogating the Nexus’ Research Network.
Confirmed plenary speakers:
Mario Biagioli (University of California at Davis)
Amade M’Charek (University of Amsterdam)
Barbara Prainsack (Kings College London)
Ayo Wahlberg (University of Copenhagen)
David Winickoff (University of California at Berkeley)
The conference will provide a platform for conversations across all thematic issues of relevance to the Network, including for example:
- Expertise, knowledge and the making of norms and regulations
- Law and materiality
- Ethics and the regulation of science
- Methodological conversations in science and technology studies (STS) and law
- Law, technology and social practices
- Science in the courtrooms
- Markets, technologies and the law
- Global governance, scientific knowledge and global justice
- Law, science and the regulation of bodies
Abstracts of up to 200 words for paper contributions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th January 2015 . We will also consider proposals for small panels or roundtable discussions involving 3-4 papers.
Up to 15 bursaries are available for non-UK based early career scholars (including PhD students). These will normally be up to £250 for Europe-based scholars and £400 for non-Europe based scholars. Please email your abstract and CV to email@example.com the 15th December 2014 to apply.