- This event has passed.
Mental Illness: Philosophy, Ethics and Society
March 17, 2014 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Public Engagement activity to be held at the University of Birmingham during the Arts & Science Festival in March 2014. The purpose is to discuss the relationship between psychiatric diagnosis and responsibility for action, based on some case studies.
The event will include:
- a talk by Dr Matthew Broome, clinical and academic psychiatrist at the University of Oxford
- a brief commentary by Professor Lisa Bortolotti, philosopher at the University of Birmingham
- a Q&A session with the public
- a short break with refreshments
- a discussion group moderated by Ema Sullivan-Bissett and Kengo Miyazono
This event is free and open to the general public.